Listen to Falling Into Reverie


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Some Things I've Done

I uploaded some pictures on Google+. They are of fun things I've done in my life. Mostly the past few years. As I was looking through my pictures, I realized that I've done some amazing things.

Now I'm not trying to toot my own horn by any means. Mostly I thought about all the fund stuff I did so far and then I thought about who was with me. Why was it amazing? I saw some pretty inspiring things in Europe. I met my best friend there. I spent time with my brother and we talked about God and travel and adventure. I saw some great bands with my brother and sister. We have since made more plans to do more things together, like we used to back when we didn't live in different cities or have children to support. When it was just a little bit easier to hang out.

I feel good about my life. I started reading Eat, Pray, Love and a part of me feels like there is this huge pressure to get something more than just the pleasure of reading out of the story. I do understand what she says and means. No, I've never been crushingly depressed but I do understand what traveling to get away from things feels like and I have been to some of the same places in Rome. It makes me think about how I want to spend the rest of my life.

I haven't forgotten or necessarily given up on my dream to be a writer. I have often wondered what it would be like to live, to some degree, like she does. Writing as I travel the world. I suppose more accurately, writing as I go to the three countries I really want to go to.

I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I think too linearly. Life really isn't like that, is it?

No comments: