Listen to Falling Into Reverie


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, January 23, 2012

Mexicans Are Cooler Than You Think

So I'm in Mexico right now. Which is weird for me because it kind of feels like somewhere I've been before. It's hot like Santa Cruz but cramped like Rome. Some how the windows don't need glass, just decorative wrought iron and occasionally wooden shutters. There are four cats who live here and hummingbirds who visit often. This particular home has four levels: the apartment downstairs where my mom and I will be staying, the main level with the living room and kitchen, the upstairs with our hosts' bedroom, and a rooftop garden that boasts a view of the ocean.
It's very lovely to say the least but I'm still a little concerned about roaming about on our own later on. Only because of my language barrier. While I can understand the gist of many conversations, being an active participant is wishful thinking. But my momma should have the language situation covered so I'm not completely concerned.
I have some fun stories about the plane ride over but that will have to wait for another post. For now I'm going back to sipping iced tea with my new cat friend and listening to the wacky birds.

No comments: