Listen to Falling Into Reverie


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer in the City

Though can we call Columbia "the City"? I guess I should but it's certainly not the same kind of city as San Francisco or even Kansas City.

Hello my friends. My long absence has come to a close. I'm sitting on a chair backwards at Jess's house. It's not uncomfortable hot anymore. I was sweating earlier as I drank hot coffee but now I'm doing better, with my jeans rolled up and a fan roaring near me. Everyone seems to be napping right now. Except the cicadas (what an interesting thought; can you imagine a day when in the middle of the afternoon, all the cicadas chatter stopped as they took a siesta?).

I do not nap. Even when I'm sleepy, I'm always nervous that my day will be shot by that glorious thought of a mid-afternoon nap. Like it would make me feel lazy for the rest of the day. If I were really honest, I feel lazy all day anyway so a nap can't be that hazardous.

I don't really have anything to say right now. I just thought it would be a good time to pop in to my blog. Write a few things down and scurry on my way. I miss writing. I miss being creative. I miss making things with my hands. I don't know why I don't just make things at my apartment. I guess it just seems harder when you have two curious cats and fur flying around like pollen on a spring day.


I guess I just dropped in to say that I feel good. Don't get me wrong; there are lots of things that need to be addressed in my personal life to make me feel like I'll be doing any long lasting feeling good but today I just feel good. It seems inexplicable almost. I went to church, got some groceries, had lunch with friends. It's a beautiful day outside. I guess that's enough for a Sunday in June.

No comments: