Listen to Falling Into Reverie


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What the Twitter?

I feel like there are a ridiculous amount of things in my life that are pushing me toward getting a Twitter account. Without a Twitter account, I have not been able to express my love for the Voice or ask the contestants questions directly (not that I would really do that but still). I am apparently missing a whole world of things that happen on Timbers. I just thought about commenting on a friend's wordpress blog and it was like "hey you can comment...if you had a Twitter!" (among other things but that one really stood out to me).

I just recently committed myself to being anti-Twitter for as long as possible. But apparently that isn't meant to be very long.

I mean honestly, today I wanted to tell all the folks on Timbers about how "JP and the Tough Choices" are going to be playing at Mojos and are standing up to the injustice of "quintessentially American music." If I had gchat, I would have been able to do that just fine. But I do not any longer. The lack of internet in places that are not public and/or my job has meant no more gchat, or at least not really enough of it to count. So instead I sent an email (how archaic) to one person. Though in reality I could have sent a mass email just as easily (I mean, I have to have everyone's gmail address to have them on gchat).

I have promised that I would join the world of Twitter once I have a mobile device that will allow me to be on the interwebs in my home without actually having interwebs. So sometime in August.

Seriously though, I do have some qualms with Twitter. Albeit irrationally, I have an issue with the the posts being called "tweets." I have no real idea why it bothers me but it does. Also, I just heard about a way to pantomime the # for a tweet. When I saw it, I immediately wanted to punch the creator in the throat. Why? Who knows. It's not like I dislike it because it's pretentious or quirky. We all know I love being pretentious and I'm a snob.

I don't know. I guess I feel a certain pride that I am no longer addicted to social media like Facebook and I don't want to get sucked in to Twitter.

No comments: