Listen to Falling Into Reverie


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 9, 2009

Burnt Toast

I burned toast in the kitchen today. I feel like an idiot. It smelled God awful. The smell was so bad that I had to take a shower because the smokey smell was in my hair. I wrote a note and put it in the kitchen explaining to terrible smell and how I was sorry. Maybe that's too much but I don't want to start off on the wrong foot with people. I have never burned toast in my life and this toast burning was something akin to the Salem witch burning, if you know what I mean. I'm glad there aren't many people around yet but good grief.

Here are a few pictures:



This is the castle! that is in Lancaster. It's currently used as a prison. A low security prison, don't worry.









This is a statue that was donated by...I can't remember who but it's of Queen Elizabeth. There are a bunch of famous Brits around the base, like Charles Darwin, etc.










This is the oldest building in Lancaster. I can't remember how old it is now.









My new Lancaster University hoodie. I love it; although it does smell vaguely of mustard...










The British flag on top of the City Hall. Expecting to see an American one?







Some British money. From left to right, top to bottom row: Two pounds, one pound, fifty pence, twenty pence, ten pence, five pence, two pence (Remember "tuppence" from Mary Poppins?), one penny. It's weird that one pound and two pounds are change. When I get change back I always think I'm getting gipped.






Here is a ten pound note. It's bigger than an American dollar. The smallest note is five pounds.

3 comments:

the old irish rose said...

Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!!!

This is unreal.

: )

A. Cranmore said...

David told me about your blog. I look forward to reading how your trip is going. Be sure to check out a good rugby game when you can. Angie

Mom said...

Speaking of burnt toast, I just burned my tortilla on the comal this morning! One whole side is totally black. I still ate it. If you're not paying attention, you can give away your pounds instead of your tuppence!;)