Listen to Falling Into Reverie


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 23, 2009

I am a Traveler of Both Time and Space

Hello my fantastic blog readers!

So it's been ages since I've put anything up and for that I apologize. I had a busy weekend last weekend. I spent the day in Liverpool on Saturday and went out with my flat mates on Saturday night. What a great time. I met some cool people.

We went to Liverpool via train. It was about an hour and a half ride. I traveled with 8 other girls, two from my flat, two others from my college and four that were other internationals that we had the pleasure of meeting. On the way down there, I very nearly had myself a P.S. I Love You moment. There was this really attractive British man who I sat across from on the train. He was really friendly. We talked about what he likes about America and what I like about Britain. Sadly, he left at the stop after I got on so that was a very short lived moment. But I had one nonetheless. We had to change trains at one place, the name of which escapes me now, but after that we journeyed on toward Liverpool. Once we got there, we found maps and I tried to use the bathroom but it cost 30 pence! I said hell no and we all pondered in amazement the consequences of having to pay for a public toilet. From there we walked down the street to find Liverpool Cathedral, which had beautiful stained glass windows. I bought some cheap postcards and took pictures. Then we walked down to Albert Dock to grab some cheap lunch and see The Beatles Story, a museum dedicated to The Beatles. I decided I was too cheap to actually take the tour so I bought some small souvenirs for my family and friends at one of the shops on the dock. From there we walked to the shopping district and fought crowds to get good deals at this place called Primark. I only bought socks because I didn't feel like doing laundry to wash my socks (wow, I know). After that it was getting kind of late, some girls left for Lancaster while others, myself included, continued to shop and decided to find some cheap dinner (less than four pounds for a burger, fries and a drink!). Then we went back to good ol' Lancaster.
That night, Danielle and I decided to join our lovely flat mates and a few of their friends out to a pub called the Friary. They were going to go to a club called the Sugarhouse which we didn't really feel like going to because you had to pay to get in. Well, after two cheap pitchers of Grolsch beer, we decided that these chaps we were hanging out with were fantastic so we went to Sugarhouse. A few more beers and lots of dancing later, we finally made out way back to the flat at 4 in the morning. But first we had to get some food at the only place on campus that was open: Sultans, which is like a curry place but they also sell fries and garlic bread. So I made Withers (one of my flat mates' friends who is quite fun to have around) order fries and garlic bread (which I paid for). Well, they gave away my garlic bread to someone else so I made them a (drunken) deal: I'd pay them 25 pence for the cheesy fries that were ready, instead of waiting for more garlic bread. They jumped at it and I had myself some delicious cheesy fries, which I shared with all the drunks at my table (don't worry, I knew them all). I got Dave (another friend of a flat mate, also fantastic) to explain the game of cricket, after Withers failed miserably. I don't quite understand it now but at the time it made perfect sense. After arriving at the flat, I had a conversation in Spanish, which was weird because I understood this guy perfectly but I couldn't formulate any Spanish words back so I answered in English. After that I came into my room and (for whatever reason) decided to get on Skype where Jacquie, Becca, Katie, and John (friends from CoMo) were on and got to see my ridiculous drunken antics. Good times.

But yes, I have made a short video of my times at Liverpool. Also I'll be posting pictures soon enough.


Music used:
Polythene Pam by The Beatles
Magical Mystery Tour by The Beatles

No comments: