Listen to Falling Into Reverie


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

VIDEO!



Finally got the video to work. I hope you like it. I'm working on other videos (of Lancaster/the Lake District/sheep) and I'll get them to you when I can.

In this video you will find: a short clip of the planes and train I was on and also a bit of my room.

I promise I'll be posting a longer piece soon.

*EDIT*
Sorry the writing is so tiny! I didn't realize it would be that small. Here's a transcript of the writing I put in the video:
Title: Planes and Trains: The Way I Got to England featuring Continental Airways and the British Railway System
KC-New Jersey: The world's tiniest plane. I was upset.
KC to New Jersey in flight snack.
NJ-Manchester: In flight dinner
En route to Lancaster
My Lancaster dorm room
I made it to Lancaster in one piece. The first flight was unpleasant. The second one was better. I like my room well enough though. So far things are going well. I miss you loads.


Oh and here's a bit of technical information about my travels/the video:

My flights/train ride from KC to Newark, NJ to Manchester, to Lancaster, England
Flight One-KC to Newark (approx. 2 hours)
Flight Two- Newark to Manchester (approx. 7 hours)
Train- Manchester to Lancaster (approx. 1 hour 15 minutes)
My flights were pretty good. The first flight was on a terribly small plane but I managed to make it.
The second flight provided two meals: dinner and breakfast. The dinner was chicken pasta with vegetables. The breakfast was a croissant roll with fruit. I got to watch two movies and an episode of House. There were monitors on the back of the seats in front of you.
The train sounds are artificial. I found a sound bite on my computer of a steam train. I didn't actually go on a steam train.

Music used:
Come Fly With Me by Michael Buble
Waterloo Sunset by The Kinks

1 comment:

Dave said...

Sam, what a great video. I'm glad you shared it with us. Your dorm room seems small but I'm sure it's because of the camera, right? Everything you need is there, except the shower and toilet but it seems adequate. I like the chalk board. ;).
Love you! Mom (I am using Dave's laptop because I couldn't view your video at work.)